Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan Announces First Board of Directors
Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan, which helps connect consumers to the thousands of livestock, crop and horticulture producers across the province announced their first board of directors today.
"We're so pleased to have a slate of directors on board who represent the different stakeholders involved," states Adele Buettner, Executive Director of FFC SK. "Not only will farmers and ranchers be an integral part of Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan, but also food processors, retailers, wholesalers, chefs... all those who have a vested interest in food and farming in the province."
Buettner also emphasizes the role that FFC SK will play in connecting with consumers. "Today less than two percent of Canadians have a direct link to the farm, so it's important that we help connect consumers to their food and how it is produced. As people involved in the production of food, our job as an organization is to share our stories with our customers."
The 2015 Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan Board of Directors are as follows:
- Pat Beaujot - Seedhawk No-Till Seeding Solutions, Langbank
- Larry Grant - Saskatchewan Cattlemen's Association, Val Marie
- Erwin Hanley - Saskatchewan Flax Development Commission, Regina
- Shelley Jones - Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture, Regina
- Dale Leftwich - SaskCanola, Esterhazy
- Brian Lindenbach - SaskMilk, Balgonie
- Jeff Mathieson - Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission, Regina
- Shannon Meyers -Saskatchewan Pork Development Board, Saskatoon
- Laura Reiter - Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Radisson
- Henry Van Ee - Chicken Farmers of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
- Tim Wiens - Saskatchewan Pulse Growers, Herschel
- Danny Wollman - Saskatchewan Egg Producers, Ponteix
Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan was incorporated in September 2014 and held their inaugural conference December 10-11, 2014 in Saskatoon. The new Board will select their executive at their upcoming spring Board meeting.
For more information, contact:
Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan believes that getting to know farmers and ranchers equals getting to know food. We strive to find new and innovative ways to introduce farmers, ranchers and others involved in food production to their customers and consumers to their food. Visit farmfoodcaresk.org to learn more.