Equine Welfare Innovation – Award of Distinction
The Innovation Award recognizes a person or company for developing a new process, product or source of knowledge that has made a significant impact on the improvement of the welfare of horses in Saskatchewan. The honouree will also be saluted for efforts to work collectively with the horse industry to share the innovation.
Equine Welfare Leadership – Award of Distinction
The Leadership Award recognizes a person, syndicate or other equine business owner for integrating animal welfare into their core business strategy and setting their own bar higher for expectations regarding animal welfare. The honouree will demonstrate leadership and commitment in dealing with issues relevant to animal care. This individual or company leads by example. The award will recognize an active horse owner.
Equine Welfare Communication and Education – Award of Distinction
The Communication and Education Award recognizes a person, organization or company for taking an active role in effectively conveying equine welfare issues and raising awareness of equine welfare with the general public and the agri-food industry. The objectives of factual and honest information will result in an increase of trust and credibility for the industry and business of equines.
Equine Welfare Young Steward of the Future – Award of Distinction
The Young Steward Award recognizes a person between the ages of 13 and 25 who has demonstrated, through practices as a horse owner or interaction with others, the importance of a commitment to responsible equine care.
- Awards are jointly offered and recipients chosen by Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan (FFC SK) and Saskatchewan Horse Federation (SHF).
- Nominators and nominees do not have to belong to FFC SK or SHF.
- Awards will be presented as appropriate and not all may be given each year.
- A maximum of two awards will be given in each category in any given year.
- Nominations must be received by February 15, 2017 to be evaluated for that year.
- Recipients must be Saskatchewan residents who are actively involved in the equine industry.
Award recipients will be announced March 4, 2017 at the Saskatchewan Horse Federation AGM at the Saskatoon Inn.