Saskatchewan Agriculture Month 2020
October is Agriculture Month in Saskatchewan and Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan is excited to provide you with a tool kit and ideas to help us all #CelebrateAg together.
Agriculture Month is a time to honor all the people responsible for the great food grown here. It is a time to tell our stories, celebrate our successes, hold up our innovative products and programs and give a shout out to everyone who turns their passion for agriculture into food for our tables.
How can you get involved?
1. Tag and amplify #CelebrateAg in your social media communications.
- Chicken Farmers of Saskatchewan are hosting a Facebook Live Tour of a Chicken Barn on October 2
- SaskBarley is presenting a Facebook Live cooking class Cooking with Beer with Andrea Buckett on October 23
- Sask Cattlemen’s Association and Canada Beef are partnering with Canadian Food Focus to launch an Online Cooking Class featuring beef.
- Canadian Food Focus will launch an its new In Season Guide to Canadian Food
3. Plan a #CelebrateAg promotion or online event. Let us know how we can support your events and promotions or if you have ideas we can collaborate on. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Plan a Facebook Live event
- Profile a local farmer in your newspaper
- Take a virtual farm tour from the comfort of your own home at FarmFood360.org
- Arrange for a farmer to present to your school, Chamber or community group
- Contact Agriculture in the Classroom SK to find out about activities and resources available for your school
4. Help promote the #CelebrateAg social media contest. All people have to do is post a farm or food related photo and tag it #CelebrateAg. Bonus entry if you tell us how you #CelebrateAg. The prize is a $250 gift card from Federated Co-op. Full details on here.
5. Share resources that #CelebrateAg:
- Browse and share the amazing articles and videos on Canadian Food Focus, including behind the scenes on the farm, nutritional information, cooking tips, recipes and more.
- Download the Real Dirt on Farming Answers to Consumer Questions about Agriculture
- FarmFood 360° Online Interactive Farm Tours
- Ag in the Classroom Saskatchewan’s Featured Resources
- Ag in the Classroom Canada’s Learn from Home Resources
Check our website regularly as we’re still working on more ideas for Ag Month! And please keep us posted on your own ideas and initiatives. Let’s #CelebrateAg!