Agriculture Month is a time to celebrate agriculture and share our stories about food and farming. It is proclaimed annually in Saskatchewan, providing the perfect opportunity to connect for those who grow food, and those who love to eat it.
Each October, the agriculture industry works together to tell their food story through campaigns, events and programming. Through these celebrations, we hope to help people better understand how Saskatchewan farmers and ranchers raise their livestock and grow their crops, while engaging in authentic conversations with people from around the province. #CelebrateAg
We have a lot to be proud of! Saskatchewan farmers and ranchers provide the world with plenty of safe, affordable and healthy food. Our scientists develop innovative solutions to meet growing demand for food. And our producers and agribusiness work together to care for the environment we all rely on. Every October, we celebrate these many accomplishments.
Agriculture Month Contest
Celebrate with us by sharing your food and farm stories. Tag your post with #CelebrateAg and you will be entered to win a $250 Co-op Gift Card.
Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Share a photo of the faces of food and farming in your life
- Tell us your favourite Saskatchewan foods and what crops they come from
- Tag your favourite restaurant, farm or food product made in Saskatchewan to show them your appreciation!
- Share how agriculture has been a part of your family’s history or your personal food journey
Agriculture Month Events
Check back for Agriculture Month events as they are announced.
Agriculture Month Resources
Saskatchewan Agriculture Month 2020
October is Agriculture Month in Saskatchewan and Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan is excited to provide you with a tool kit and ideas to help us all #CelebrateAg together.
Agriculture Month is a time to honour all the people responsible for the great food grown here. It is a time to tell our stories, celebrate our successes, hold up our innovative products and programs and give a shout out to everyone who turns their passion for agriculture into food for our tables.
Tag and amplify #CelebrateAg in your social media communications:
Download the CelebrateAg-Action-Kit
More ways to you get involved
- Check out FFC SK’s Facebook page and Calendar of Events. And spread the word about the cool things that are happening across the industry!
- Plan a #CelebrateAg promotion or online event. Let us know how we can support your events and promotions or if you have ideas we can collaborate on. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Plan a Facebook Live event
- Profile a local farmer in your newspaper
- Take a virtual farm tour from the comfort of your own home at FarmFood360.org
- Arrange for a farmer to present to your school, Chamber or community group
- Contact Agriculture in the Classroom SK to find out about activities and resources available for your school
- Help promote the #CelebrateAg social media contest. All people have to do is post a farm or food related photo and tag it #CelebrateAg. Bonus entry if you tell us how you #CelebrateAg. The prize is a $250 gift card from Federated Co-op.
- Share resources that #CelebrateAg:
- Browse and share the amazing articles and videos on Canadian Food Focus , including behind the scenes on the farm, nutritional information, cooking tips, recipes and more.
- Download the Real Dirt on Farming Answers to Consumer Questions about Agriculture
- FarmFood 360° Online Interactive Farm Tours
- Ag in the Classroom Saskatchewan’s Featured Resources
- Ag in the Classroom Canada’s Learn from Home Resources
Check our website regularly as we’re always working on more ideas for Agriculture Month! And please keep us posted on your own ideas and initiatives. Let’s #CelebrateAg!