Saskatchewan people have a long history of pulling together when times are tough, especially in the agriculture community. This year, many farmers and ranchers are facing drought, low crop yields and extreme shortages of feed and water for livestock, and it might seem out of place to engage in a #CelebrateAg campaign.
But we have much to celebrate: the resiliency and community of our industry through thick and thin. The determination to place the care of our land and our animals first. The desire to grow safe, affordable and wholesome food and share it with the world. The drive to develop innovative solutions to challenges like drought, climate change, food waste, and others.
This October, join with us to #CelebrateAg in Saskatchewan. Tag your posts with #CelebrateAg and show your support for the hardworking people who grow food — and all those who love to eat it!
Agriculture Month is proclaimed annually by the Government of Saskatchewan. Each October, the industry works together to tell their food story through campaigns, events and programming. Through these interactions, we hope to help people better understand how Saskatchewan farmers and ranchers raise their animals and grow their crops, while engaging in authentic conversations with people from around the province.
Agriculture Month Photo Contest
CelebrateAg by sharing your stories about Saskatchewan food and farming. Upload your best photos in any or all of these categories:
- Farm Scenes
- Farm Faces
- Farm Animals
- Farm Innovations
- Farm to Plate
- Farm History
You could win! First Prize: $250 | Second Prize $150 | People’s Choice $250
Enter your photos and pass the word to your friends and colleagues! Then don’t forget to vote on your favourites.
Contest deadline is October 31, 2021.
Agriculture Month Bumper Sticker Campaign
New this year: Demonstrate your support with a #CelebrateAg bumper sticker!
All Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan members have received a quantity of stickers to join in the campaign. If you would like to order more stickers, click below.
Affix a #CelebrateAg sticker to your truck, your bike, your combine, your backpack (your horse?), your laptop—or anywhere else to show your pride in Saskatchewan food and farming. Post a photo online and tag with #CelebrateAg. Try to spot as many as you can this Ag Month!
Help us expand this campaign! To order more #CelebrateAg bumper stickers, please click on the button above and fill out the request form. The price is $1.65 per sticker and a minimum of 500 is required to initiate an order.
You will be contacted shortly to make arrangements for payment and delivery.
Agriculture Month Resources
Saskatchewan Agriculture Month 2021
October is Agriculture Month in Saskatchewan and Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan is excited to provide you with a tool kit and ideas to help us all #CelebrateAg together.
Agriculture Month is a time to honor all the people responsible for the great food grown here. It is a time to tell our stories, celebrate our successes, hold up our innovative products and programs and give a shout out to everyone who turns their passion for agriculture into food for our tables.
How can you get involved?
- Tag and amplify #CelebrateAg in your social media communications. Download the CelebrateAg-Action-Kit
- Check out FFC SK’s Facebook page and Calendar of Events. And spread the word about what is happening across the industry!
- Plan a #CelebrateAg promotion or online event. Let us know how we can support your events and promotions or if you have ideas we can collaborate on. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Profile a local farmer in your newspaper
- Plan a Facebook Live event
- Take a virtual farm tour from the comfort of your own home at FarmFood360.org
- Arrange for a farmer to present to your school, Chamber or community group
- Contact Agriculture in the Classroom SK to find out about activities and resources available for your school
- Help promote the #CelebrateAg online photo contest. All people have to do is upload their farm or food related photo in one of several categories. The prize is a $250 gift card from Federated Co-op. Don’t forget to vote on your favourite photos! Full details here.
- Share resources that #CelebrateAg:
- Browse and share the amazing articles and videos on Canadian Food Focus , including behind the scenes on the farm, nutritional information, cooking tips, recipes and more.
- Download the Real Dirt on Farming Answers to Consumer Questions about Agriculture
- FarmFood 360° Online Interactive Farm Tours
- Ag in the Classroom Saskatchewan’s Featured Resources
- Ag in the Classroom Canada’s Learn from Home Resources
Check our website regularly as we’re always working on more ideas for Agriculture Month! And please keep us posted on your own ideas and initiatives. Let’s #CelebrateAg!