Congratulations to 2019 Food & Farming Champion: Lesley Kelly
Recognizing Agriculture Supporters in Saskatchewan
“Champion” – a person, or persons, who work to promote Saskatchewan agriculture and help farmers build public trust.
The “Food & Farming Champion” Award is presented to an individual who has taken the initiative to help engage or educate consumers about agriculture in our province. Nominees have used their skills to help inform consumers or correct misinformation about production practices, and done a measurable job of promoting our industry. The selection committee will choose a winner from the nominations and the award recipient will be honoured at the 2019 Public Trust Summit in Saskatoon. Special consideration will be taken for organizations and businesses who are nominated and meet the criteria. The judging panel may elect to award both an individual and an organization/business in the same year.
- Nominations are open to any who have taken an active role in promoting Saskatchewan food and farming and helping secure social licence or build public trust in the industry. Applications must be as detailed as possible. See the attached Criteria for more details.
- Nominations must be received at the Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan (FFC SK) office by September 16th.
- A nominated individual or group does not have to be a member of FFC SK to be eligible.
- Nominees must be a resident of Saskatchewan.
- Nominations will be accepted from anyone, including the FFC SK Board.
- Current board members are not eligible for nomination.
- Members may nominate more than one individual, organization or business.
- A panel will select the award winner(s)
Those who are nominated but do not win in the current year will stay in the nomination pool for two more years with two more opportunities to receive recognition for their hard work.